zondag 2 februari 2014

A Forthnight in Hobbying

Ok, instead of a weekly dissection I bring you my custom made Whiskeygolem.

So I started bying this from Renedra limited (2 packs of 10 barrels):

http://www.renedra.co.uk/webstore.html



After that I started assembling a few barrels to make the legs and lower part of the body. 

I also bought some  legs, feet (which I didn't use in the end) and the exhaust of a dreadnought from GW. 
I cut up the legs to place them closer together.





As you can see the exhaust was used as a backpack and also it was a way to disguise the arms a bit. I mad shoulderpads out of one of the smaller barrels.



After assembly I pinned the 2 parts together and then undercoated it white. After that I did the barrels and ropes in brown and the exhaust and arms in metal.

I gave it all a brown wash and then used the new technical paints from GW (Rust and corrosion). I'm very pleased with the paints. They are easy to use and give a good finish to the model.




Hope you enjoyed this and I can't recommend the people at Renedra enough. A small range to convert with, but it's a awesome quality and it's great if you just want some scatter terrain on the table.

1 opmerking: