woensdag 4 september 2013

M2E review – gremlin cards


This is my review of the arsenal box (wave 1) from the gremlins made by Wyrd miniatures. I’m only going to talk about the quality. The rest (content on the cards) will be discussed later.
I got my First part of my small order from Gencon through a friend of mine. The order came through very quickly and I am impressed with the deck itself. The content of this box is as follows: 29 stat cards and 26 upgrade cards. The stat cards also include multiple cards form some of the minion cards. I don’t know if the other decks contain more cards.


I have a size comparison with a regular fate deck. It’s about the same width and length. The print on the outside of the box is great. I really love the whisky-golem and it seems to be scaled to fit the box.
Now for the inside



The cards are an improvement with the old cards. The lay-out is ok and the details on the cards are professionally made. I like the fact that everything is streamlined and all characteristics are in the same place, so you don’t have to search on the cards where what info is at.
The material of the card is also an improvement. The plastic looks like you can use it straight out of the box. I am thinking of laminating them though. Just to be on the safe side.
The font on the cards is good, the size could have been a bit bigger. There isn’t a lot of text on the cards, so you could use this to make the size bigger. That’s just a small side note though. 
The art is nice, and I like it. Nothing more to say on this subject really.
Overall I like this product. I can’t wait for the second wave to come out. I think that for the price you pay, you really get bang for your buck. I am really tempted to buy all the other decks as well. But that’s something for later I guess.

This is my grade for the product:


I like the overall style and price vs quality is excellent. 
The font could have been bigger, so that's why I didn't give it an A+


Next post probably will be about my favorite gremlin master so far. Ophellia Lacroix.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten